"To me, it wasn't enough just being able to grind glasses properly as an optician; I also wanted to improve people's lives.
So I switched careers and became an optometrist. With my extensive optometry education and over two decades of experience, I can help you have good vision that will last a lifetime."
MEMBER: American Optometric Association and New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians
- Board Certified Optometric Physician
- Diplomate, ABO- American Board of Optometry; ID# 000797
- Doctorate of Optometry: State University of New York, State College of Optometry, 1988
- Externship: Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY 1987 to 1988
- Externship: Bronx VA Hospital, Bronx, NY 1987 to 1988
- Licensed Optometrist: New Jersey, 1992 to Present LIC# 270A00516400; Cert# 27OM00064800, New York, 1988 to Present
- Licensed Optician: NYC College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY, 1983
ADVANCED TRAINING IN:
- Co-management of Lasik and other refractive surgeries
- Co-management of cataract surgery
- Treatment and management of eye diseases including diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eye, conjunctivitis, ocular allergies and many others.
- Eye emergencies including foreign body removal
- Contact lens fitting and complications including Keratoconus, bifocal and multifocal contact lenses, astigmatism (toric) design lenses, and rigid gas permeable contact lenses
- LATISSE tm
- Appeared on TV: News 12 "To Your Health" Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing "Women's Eye Health" on April 24, 2011
- Top Optometrist: 2014, 2011, 2009, 2004-2005 Consumers' Research Council of America .
- Appeared on TV: News 12 "To Your Health" Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing "Digital Eye Strain" on December 15, 2010
- Speaker/Lecturer - New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians - "Therapy By The Sea Convention" - Sept 25,2010
- Presidential Who's Who 2010 Edition
- Faculty Member: New York City College of Technology, Ophthalmic Dispensing Department - Contact Lens Teacher, 1989 to 1991
- President of Class: SUNY, State College of Optometry, 1988
- National Deans List: NYCTC, 1983 to 1984
- Recipient: Contact Lens Award, 1983
- Recipient: Tau Phi Sigma Award, 1983