Quality Eye Care By the Leading Eye Doctors in South Plainfield, NJ
Meet the EyeKrafters Medical Optics eye doctors in New Jersey: Dr. Lior Koppel & Dr. Lillian Fasman. Doctors of Optometry are the primary health care and eye care professionals for vision in South Plainfield, NJ. Optometrists or eye doctors as they are often called, examine, diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, injuries, and disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures, as well as identify related systemic conditions affecting the eye.
Our Optometrists, Dr. Koppel & Dr. Fasman, take the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet our South Plainfield Eye Doctors:
“To me, it wasn’t enough just being able to grind glasses properly as an optician; I also wanted to improve people’s lives.
So I switched careers and became an optometrist. With my extensive optometry education and over two decades of experience, I can help you have good vision that will last a lifetime.”
MEMBER: American Optometric Association and New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians
- Board Certified Optometric Physician
- Diplomate, ABO- American Board of Optometry; ID# 000797
- Doctorate of Optometry: State University of New York, State College of Optometry, 1988
- Externship: Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY 1987 to 1988
- Externship: Bronx VA Hospital, Bronx, NY 1987 to 1988
- Licensed Optometrist: New Jersey, 1992 to Present LIC# 270A00516400; Cert# 27OM00064800, New York, 1988 to Present
- Licensed Optician: NYC College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY, 1983
ADVANCED TRAINING IN:
- Co-management of Lasik and other refractive surgeries
- Co-management of cataract surgery
- Treatment and management of eye diseases including diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eye, conjunctivitis, ocular allergies and many others.
- Eye emergencies including foreign body removal
- Contact lens fitting and complications including Keratoconus, bifocal and multifocal contact lenses, astigmatism (toric) design lenses, and rigid gas permeable contact lenses
- LATISSE tm
- Appeared on TV: News 12 “To Your Health” Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing “Women’s Eye Health” on April 24, 2011
- Top Optometrist: 2014, 2011, 2009, 2004-2005 Consumers’ Research Council of America .
- Appeared on TV: News 12 “To Your Health” Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing “Digital Eye Strain” on December 15, 2010
- Speaker/Lecturer – New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians – “Therapy By The Sea Convention” – Sept 25,2010
- Presidential Who’s Who 2010 Edition
- Faculty Member: New York City College of Technology, Ophthalmic Dispensing Department – Contact Lens Teacher, 1989 to 1991
- President of Class: SUNY, State College of Optometry, 1988
- National Deans List: NYCTC, 1983 to 1984
- Recipient: Contact Lens Award, 1983
- Recipient: Tau Phi Sigma Award, 1983
Dr. Fasman attended the Pennsylvania State University for her undergraduate degree, and the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, TN for her doctorate of optometry, where she was honored with the SCO Alumni Endowed Scholarship. She completed externship rotations at Malcolm Randall VA in Gainesville, FL and Orgain Family Vision Care in Hendersonville, TN.
During optometry school, she volunteered with SVOSH – Student Volunteers in Optometric Service to Humanity – where she travelled to Mexico and Honduras to perform free eye exams for underprivileged populations. She also served with RAM – Remote Area Medical – providing examinations at free clinics here in the U.S.
She is trained and licensed to examine patients of all ages, prescribe glasses and contact lenses, and diagnose and treat many eye diseases including red or painful eyes, dry eye, cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy.
She is currently a member of both the American Optometric Association and New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians, as well as Beta Sigma Kappa, the International Optometric Honor Society. Her NJ License number is 270A00660100 and her therapeutics certification number is 27OM00127800.