Quality Eye Care By the Leading Eye Doctors in South Plainfield, NJ
Meet the EyeKrafters Medical Optics eye doctors in New Jersey: Dr. Lior Koppel & Dr. Bonnie Rosenberg, Doctors of Optometry are the primary health care and eye care professionals for vision in South Plainfield & Edison, NJ. Optometrists, or eye doctors as they are often called, examine, diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, injuries, and disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures, as well as identify related systemic conditions affecting the eye.
Our Optometrists, Dr. Koppel & Dr. Rosenberg, take the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet our South Plainfield Eye Doctors:
“To me, it wasn’t enough just being able to grind glasses properly as an optician; I also wanted to improve people’s lives.
So I switched careers and became an optometrist. With my extensive optometry education and over two decades of experience, I can help you have good vision that will last a lifetime.”
MEMBER: American Optometric Association and New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians
- Board Certified Optometric Physician
- Diplomate, ABO- American Board of Optometry; ID# 000797
- Doctorate of Optometry: State University of New York, State College of Optometry, 1988
- Externship: Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY 1987 to 1988
- Externship: Bronx VA Hospital, Bronx, NY 1987 to 1988
- Licensed Optometrist: New Jersey, 1992 to Present LIC# 270A00516400; Cert# 27OM00064800, New York, 1988 to Present
- Licensed Optician: NYC College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY, 1983
ADVANCED TRAINING IN:
- Co-management of Lasik and other refractive surgeries
- Co-management of cataract surgery
- Treatment and management of eye diseases including diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eye, conjunctivitis, ocular allergies and many others.
- Eye emergencies including foreign body removal
- Contact lens fitting and complications including Keratoconus, bifocal and multifocal contact lenses, astigmatism (toric) design lenses, and rigid gas permeable contact lenses
- LATISSE tm
- Appeared on TV: News 12 “To Your Health” Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing “Women’s Eye Health” on April 24, 2011
- Top Optometrist: 2014, 2011, 2009, 2004-2005 Consumers’ Research Council of America .
- Appeared on TV: News 12 “To Your Health” Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing “Digital Eye Strain” on December 15, 2010
- Speaker/Lecturer – New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians – “Therapy By The Sea Convention” – Sept 25,2010
- Presidential Who’s Who 2010 Edition
- Faculty Member: New York City College of Technology, Ophthalmic Dispensing Department – Contact Lens Teacher, 1989 to 1991
- President of Class: SUNY, State College of Optometry, 1988
- National Deans List: NYCTC, 1983 to 1984
- Recipient: Contact Lens Award, 1983
- Recipient: Tau Phi Sigma Award, 1983
EyeKrafters Medical Optics is excited to welcome Dr. Bonnie Rosenberg to our practice. Dr. Rosenberg has always felt a calling to help others, even in childhood. After completing her Bachelor’s Degree, she worked within her field (psychology) for a year and realized it was not exactly what she wanted to do. Dr. Rosenberg found a job working for her childhood optometrist as a vision therapist and the shoe fit, so to speak. She quickly began training as an optometric technician as well and began taking prerequisite courses for optometry school. Dr. Rosenberg received her OD at University of the Incarnate Word Rosenberg School of Optometry in San Antonio, Texas, and specializes in Primary Care and Ocular Disease.
Dr. Rosenberg grew up in Columbia, MD, a suburb of Washington, D.C., known for its diverse community with access to culture, arts, museums, etc. She loves nature and the outdoors and all animals. She used to work at the Baltimore Humane Society and plans to get involved with a local shelter here in Jersey in the near future. Dr. Rosenberg’s parents still live in Maryland, and her 2 sisters are in California.
- NJSOP (New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians)
- AOA (American Optometric Association)
- AAO (American Academy of Optometry)
Education & Credentials
- Residency: VA New Jersey Healthcare System, Affiliated with SUNY College of Optometry
- OD: University of the Incarnate Word Rosenberg School of Optometry in San Antonio, Texas.
- BA: University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) in psychology
Awards / Honors
- Beta Sigma Kappa (BSK) Honor’s Society
- Dean’s List
We are excited to have Dallas as part of our eye care team!