Quality Eye Care By the Leading Eye Doctors in South Plainfield, NJ
Meet the EyeKrafters Medical Optics eye doctor in New Jersey: Dr. Lior Koppel, Doctor of Optometry are the primary health care and eye care professionals for vision in South Plainfield, NJ. Optometrists or eye doctors as they are often called, examine, diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, injuries, and disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures, as well as identify related systemic conditions affecting the eye.
Our Optometrists, Dr. Koppel, takes the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet our South Plainfield Eye Doctors:
“To me, it wasn’t enough just being able to grind glasses properly as an optician; I also wanted to improve people’s lives.
So I switched careers and became an optometrist. With my extensive optometry education and over two decades of experience, I can help you have good vision that will last a lifetime.”
MEMBER: American Optometric Association and New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians
- Board Certified Optometric Physician
- Diplomate, ABO- American Board of Optometry; ID# 000797
- Doctorate of Optometry: State University of New York, State College of Optometry, 1988
- Externship: Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY 1987 to 1988
- Externship: Bronx VA Hospital, Bronx, NY 1987 to 1988
- Licensed Optometrist: New Jersey, 1992 to Present LIC# 270A00516400; Cert# 27OM00064800, New York, 1988 to Present
- Licensed Optician: NYC College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY, 1983
ADVANCED TRAINING IN:
- Co-management of Lasik and other refractive surgeries
- Co-management of cataract surgery
- Treatment and management of eye diseases including diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eye, conjunctivitis, ocular allergies and many others.
- Eye emergencies including foreign body removal
- Contact lens fitting and complications including Keratoconus, bifocal and multifocal contact lenses, astigmatism (toric) design lenses, and rigid gas permeable contact lenses
- LATISSE tm
- Appeared on TV: News 12 “To Your Health” Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing “Women’s Eye Health” on April 24, 2011
- Top Optometrist: 2014, 2011, 2009, 2004-2005 Consumers’ Research Council of America .
- Appeared on TV: News 12 “To Your Health” Segment with Dr. Derrick Desilva. Dr. Koppel was discussing “Digital Eye Strain” on December 15, 2010
- Speaker/Lecturer – New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians – “Therapy By The Sea Convention” – Sept 25,2010
- Presidential Who’s Who 2010 Edition
- Faculty Member: New York City College of Technology, Ophthalmic Dispensing Department – Contact Lens Teacher, 1989 to 1991
- President of Class: SUNY, State College of Optometry, 1988
- National Deans List: NYCTC, 1983 to 1984
- Recipient: Contact Lens Award, 1983
- Recipient: Tau Phi Sigma Award, 1983